Pedestrian accidents in Towson are on the rise, especially in urban areas. These accidents can happen in various ways, but everyone should bear in mind that pedestrians almost always have the right of way. Unfortunately, when a pedestrian accident occurs, the consequences can be catastrophic. Without personal protection, victims of pedestrian accidents can suffer neck injuries, multiple fractures, brain injuries or joint and muscle damage. These serious injuries are likely to require surgeries and/or lengthy rehabilitation. Trusting the right pedestrian accident attorney in Towson can secure maximum monetary compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, loss of benefits, personal property damage, loss of consortium, pain and suffering, and many more. Put the significant experience of the Dubo Law team to work for you so you can focus on your recovery. We offer outstanding personal injury representation with free initial consultation, so feel free to contact us today to get started.
Towson Pedestrian Accident Attorney Services at Dubo Law
If you want to get advice during this challenging time and do not want to deal with insurance companies on your own, getting compassionate legal support when you need it most is possible at Dubo Law. Working with an attorney who understands your unique situation can significantly impact the ability to obtain fair financial compensation. We are here to:
Help you determine liability
Advising you on your next step
Negotiate with insurance companies
Ensure you meet all the deadlines
How Dangerous Are Pedestrian Accidents?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that in 2018 there were 128 pedestrian deaths in Maryland. 92% of pedestrian-involved crashes in Maryland in 2017 resulted in injury or death, and most fatal pedestrian crashes occur from October through December. There were 5 fatal accidents in Towson, with 3 pedestrians involved in fatal accidents in 2019.
Liability in Pedestrian Accidents in Towson
Pedestrians in many cases have the right of way. However, both drivers and pedestrians have rights and responsibilities, so pedestrians share responsibility for their own safety and are held to a certain standard of reasonable behavior.
Drivers are potentially liable for damages if they:
- Disregard traffic and pedestrian signs
- Are speeding
- Fail to yield right of way to pedestrians
- Are using a cell phone (texting or talking)
- Drive under the influence of drug or alcohol
- Fail to warn pedestrians when necessary by using a horn
- Fail to exercise extra caution when a pedestrian is a person with a disability or a child.
Pedestrians are potentially liable in cases if they:
- Fail to obey pedestrian or traffic signs
- Are jaywalking
- Are texting or talking on a cellphone
- Disregard sidewalks
- Cross the street under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- Are walking on the right side of the road without facing oncoming traffic (when there are no sidewalks)
- Did not yield right of the way to vehicles (when not using a crosswalk).
Financial Compensation in Pedestrian Accident Cases
With the help of the right Towson pedestrian accident lawyer, it is important to understand the level of compensation you are entitled to. We know all the laws, jurisdiction, and compensation values to develop an effective strategy for your case and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf in and out of the courtroom.
You may obtain compensatory damages that include:
- Medical care expenses
- Therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Prescription costs
- Personal property damage
- Lost income from time away from work
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of benefits
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of consortium
- And many more.
Pedestrian safety requires collaboration between pedestrians, motorists, and government agencies. It is not solely the responsibility of drivers; some of that responsibility is shared by the pedestrians themselves. With most pedestrian accidents being preventable, there are some tips for both drivers and pedestrians:
Tips for drivers:
- Avoid using your phone while driving, stay alert
- Stop for pedestrians in intersections and crosswalks – Maryland law requires it
- Obey the speed limit because speeding will make it more difficult to stop unexpectedly
- Look for the pedestrians when you exit or enter driveways
- When passing bicyclists, allow 3 feet
- Do not drive aggressively
- Show courtesy and be kind to other drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
Tips for pedestrians:
- Whenever possible, use the marked crosswalks and sidewalks
- Wait for the walk signal after you press the pedestrian signal button
- Pay attention to cars leaving driveways or turning
- Always stop at the curb and look both ways (left, right, and left again) before crossing the street
- Do not run across the street; walk
- Avoid wearing dark-colored clothes, especially if you are walking after dusk
- Do not use headphones while walking, also do not text or play games.
Why Hire Dubo Law?
Being extremely direct, honest, clear, and client-friendly, Neil puts his experience work for his clients.
Neil has generally gained extensive experience in litigation, especially in personal injury litigation, since his graduation in 2002.
Neil has helped recover millions of dollars for personal injury victims throughout his career.
Dubo Law is committed to a prompt resolution, so we do not take more cases than we know we cannot handle fairly.
No Upfront Costs
There is no risk to you due to the contingency fee arrangement – we do not receive any fee unless and until we recover for you.
Represented Insurance Companies
Neil spent the first decade of his career representing the insurance companies, so now he uses that knowledge to benefit his clients.
Top-Notch Pedestrian Injury Accident Attorneys in Towson
“I was referred to Dubo Law and straightaway contacted by Mr. Neil and he was very transparent about everything, he left no questions unanswered and no Stones Unturned. I could ask any questions and if he didn’t know the answer he was able to refer me to someone who did. He lighten the burdens of my mind when it came to legal matters. I will keep him on my speed dial for any legal matter I may have. Dubo Law you’re the best!”
“Neil definitely goes the extra mile for his clients. We know from first-hand experience that he has the perfect combination of knowledge, compassion, and caring. Our family was in a serious accident. Without Neil, we don’t know what we would have done. He’s simply the best. He was so responsive to every question that we had and walked us through each step of the process. We will definitely recommend him to family in friends if they’re ever in need of his services. He really turned an overwhelming ordeal into something manageable.”
“Neil is really one-of-a-kind! Not only is he passionate about helping others, but he is personable, professional, brings calmness into any situation, and is very knowledgeable. I have had many colleagues who needed his assistance, and without hesitation, he was there for them. He certainly cares about his clients and their well-being and will always do what’s best for them. He is truly someone you want by your side.”
Pedestrian Hit in Crosswalk Settlement: Get It With the Help of Dubo Law
When it comes to pedestrian accident settlements, they can be really lengthy and complex legal battles. Let Dubo Law compassionately guide you through this process and hold those responsible for your injury or loss of a loved one accountable for the damages you have suffered. Call us at (443) 275-6345 for more details and no-cost case analysis.
Contact Us for Your Free Case Review!
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Your health and safety are important to us. Please be advised that we are open for business during COVID-19 quarantines. All consultations will be conducted either via video chat, phone, or email.
Sign up for our newsletter
"*" indicates required fields